Earn money—10 U.S. dollars eventually—for mistakes you find on this site! This website is intended to be factually and technically accurate, yet the growing amount of information on it doesn’t reduce the likelihood of mistakes. You can contribute to improving this website, and that gets rewarded.
How Does It Work?
When you find an error, be it factual, orthographic, technical, or a usability problem, drop me a line by either using the contact form on this page or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “Mistake on meiert.com”).
Usually I confirm every error report as well as the suspected mistake. At the end of each month (sometimes delayed), the biggest bug or most helpful report, respectively, is selected and their sender rewarded with 10 U.S. dollars.
“Winners” have two weeks to reply after they got notified. The money is either paid out by bank transfer (Europe) or PayPal (international). Please note that there are no other payment options and that there is no legal claim to payment, since the definition and assessment of a mistake might be difficult, subjective, or both. Participation is voluntary. The terms outlined here may change. All winners will be mentioned in the “Hall of Fame” unless they object in the aforementioned email conversation.
By the way: This initiative’s background is explained in the blog (including remarks from Donald Norman).
- I might mix American and British English, and I’m probably not consistent using contractions. As I’m no native English speaker, I’m looking forward to correcting spelling mistakes and to improving the language on this site, but I cannot reward every report of such slips.
- Things aren’t bad but they aren’t optimal yet, but as an élève of Tschichold and Bringhurst I’m aware of that situation. Expect improvements.
- Links are checked on a monthly basis, but not necessarily corrected when it comes to blog comments. There’s no need to report broken links in terms of this initiative, although I’m looking forward to receiving notes on them. Still, apologies if you come across broken references.
- Display problems in dead user-agents:
- Let’s please ignore Internet Explorer for Mac OS, Netscape Navigator 4, and pals. I do.
Previous Error Reports
See the Hall of Fame.