My Year in Activities, 2013
Post from December 29, 2013 (↻ October 9, 2016), filed under Adventure.
The same procedure as every year: a brief look back at new things I tried. Because some of these things are featured in 100 Things I Learned as an Everyday Adventurer I’ll keep this list quite to the point. Only 73 more things to attempt as per my bucket “short list,” the list I recommend keeping in the how-to.
- Jewelry making
- Attending a poetry reading
- Attending a Harlem Globetrotters performance
- Brush lettering and sign writing
- Sand blasting
- Powder coating
- Personal trainer education (online)
- Learning about edible and medicinal weeds
- Learning to play the ukulele
- Segway riding
- Attending a rugby game (USF vs. Sonoma)
- Singing/voice training
- Learning Filipino Martial Arts
- Skiing (sort of)
- Learning to play the piano (ha… sort of)
- Learning to fight with sticks
- “Grow your own food” training
- Loss prevention detective education (online)
- Legal administrative assistant education (online)
- Attending a “Real Escape Game”
- TEFL certification
- ATV riding
- Meditation instructor education (online)
I’m not sure whether one can tell from this list but my travels did slow me down. Those, then, I’ll touch in tomorrow’s edition of my “Year in Cities.” In any case, there was plenty new to discover in 2013, and I’m sure the same will hold for 2014. If we’re open, our lives will be more adventurous.
I’m Jens Oliver Meiert, and I’m a web developer and author. I love trying things, including in the fields of philosophy, art, and adventure. Here on meiert.com I share some of my thoughts and experiences.
If you have any suggestions or questions about what I write, leave a comment or a message.